Thursday, November 10, 2011

i made it: pinterest inspired

So, I'm assuming you've all heard of pinterest. (If not, you are missing out. Go, take a look around, and request an invite. You will not be sorry. Or maybe you will... if you don't enjoy sitting down to your computer for "just a minute" and then not looking up from your screen for hours...)

Anyway, I love seeing all the creative things people post, and I re-pin tons of stuff that I'd love to do some day. If you know me at all, you know I have all these grand intentions, but then rarely follow through on anything for longer than twenty-five minutes (like can anyone really believe I'm still blogging ten days into November? Let's get serious - no one, especially not me, thought I'd still be here).

Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw a great idea for thank you card for teachers and put it on my board with the comment that I was going to use it for Punkin's teacher's birthday. But come on, we all know that wasn't going to actually happen!

But then, guess what? It totally did happen!

I can now justify the hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of time I've spent combing the boards with delusions that I will actually accomplish something for myself. (As if it's ever going to happen again! Pshaw.)

I realize the card doesn't actually say Happy Birthday!, but I figured teachers are never thanked enough. Besides, I made sure to write a lovely note on the back of the card, thanking her for being a wonderful teacher and wishing her the happiest of Birthdays. And anyway, she was getting a Starbucks gift card, I'm pretty sure it could have said "Get Well Soon" and she wouldn't have cared.


It's not as cute as the original, as I didn't have the twine and I had to use the outside of the coffee sleeve rather than the ridged side because mine was all messed up on the inside (probably from sitting in the recycling bin for a couple of days before I decided to actually make this card, but that's neither here nor there).

The point is: I actually made it. And didn't just *think* about how cool it would be. You know, like I do with everything else.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't Pinterest addicting? Such a cute gift! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative