Friday, January 10, 2014

frozen in time

Stop the presses... how on Earth is it January 10th already? TEN days have passed in this new year, and I'm not sure how that's even possible.

I'm sure feeling trapped at home due to record cold & snowfall hasn't helped. Not sure if you heard, but we got 13 inches of snow in a day and then followed that up with -40 degree windchills (yes, negative forty). Sam hasn't been to school in three weeks! The roads haven't been passable until today, which is a bit ridiculous when you consider that the snow started falling five days ago.

Regardless, we made it through. This weekend promises forty degrees and rain, so we might be out back building an ark very, very soon. We'll be more than happy to load it up with all the neighborhood school kids and transport them to school on Monday, because I'm sure every mom would agree that it is well past time!

Before the arctic freeze set in, Sam & Brad were able to get outside and build a snowman.



Delaney had the greatest idea of how to survive a blizzard. She did a lot of this:


Which, just let me say, was fabulous! (And do I even need to point out: look at those curls!)

And me, well, at the start of the year, I had big plans to really think about what I wanted to focus on in 2014, but seeing as I've lost track of ten days (TEN DAYS) of the new year, maybe I'll consider February a good starting point...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative